Friday, December 4, 2009

Seven Years Ago Today...

...It was a Wednesday. December 4, 2002. There was a blizzard outside, the first snow of the season. The temperature was frigid- so cold outside that it literally hurt to breathe. Everyone was snowed in, roads were closed, highways were jammed, and power was out all over the city. In the midst of the chaos, I lay in a hospital bed. My son was about to be born.

Jeff & I had tried for the better part of a year to get pregnant. Finally, success! We were ecstatic! We both wanted a boy. We had a beautiful then-3-year-old little girl at home and wanted a son to complete our family.

I remember lying in that bed, listening to the steady beep-beep-beep of the monitors & thinking about all the joys to come, counting down the minutes until I would finally see my son's face. Jeff was snoozing in the recliner, catching what was sure to be his last good nap for a while. We had gotten to the hospital at midnight that night for an induction. I was a week overdue; he had been due on Thanksgiving Day.

After almost 10 hours of labor, Aidan Jeffrey Tesdall was finally born at 9:52 am. He was truly a gift from God and we were in love from the first moment we laid eyes on him. The last seven years, he has grown into the most loving, sweet, funny, smart, wonderful little boy a mother could possibly ask for. He truly completes our family and I love him so very much!

Happy 7th Birthday, darling baby boy!

(click on pic to make it bigger)


3 comments:

April Westerhold said...

Don't know why but all of a sudden it let me do it . . . anyway, Happy Birthday 7th, Aidan!!!

Team Tezzy said...

i had to take off the little code thing that you have to type after your comment. for some reason, once i said not to type in that code, it let me do it. no clue why...

Debbi Hendrix said...

Happy Birthday Aidan. Love you bunches. You are trully a blessing to me and Papa.